Norway announces record-high 2019 funding to UN organizations
The Norwegian government is increasing its core contribution to the UN and providing an all-time-high contribution to six UN organizations. The contributions are as follows:
- UNICEF: NOK 1 billion (US$126 million)
- UNDP: NOK 615 million (US$74 million)
- UNFPA: NOK 530 million (US$6 million)
- UN Women: NOK 100 million (US$12 million)
- UNHCR: NOK 380 million (US$46 million)
- WFP: NOK 300 million (US$36 million).
These are the highest contributions Norway has given to these organizations collectively. The Norwegian government expects the funds to be spent in an efficient and transparent manner.