Spain will disburse US$20 million to multilateral organizations
The government of Spanish prime minister Pedro Sánchez approved various voluntary contributions to development-related multilateral organizations to be disbursed by AECID, the foreign ministry’s implementing agency, in 2019.
With a total amount of €18 million (US$20 million) allocated, these contributions include:
- €3 million (US$3 million) to the United Nations Children’s Fund;
- €2 million (US$3 million) to the United Nations Population Fund;
- €2 million (US$3 million) to the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women;
- €2 million (US$2 million) to the United Nations Development Program;
- €2 million (US$2 million) to the World Health Organization;
- €1 million (US$1 million) to the Food and Agriculture Organization;
- €750,000 (US$845,000) to the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean;
- €700,000 (US$789,000) to the United Nations Environment Program;
- €600,000 (US$676,000) to the International Labour Organization; and
- €550,000 (US$620,000) to the Pan-American Health Organization.