The UHC Youth Network, a civil society group organized by Japanese medical and nursing students to promote universal health coverage (UHC), released a series of interviews entitled 'Lesson and message from Japanese experience' on December 12, 2019. The interviews highlight the challenges that Japan faces as a result of an aging society, and include lessons and messages to the international youth community on how they can support UHC and the achievement of wider sustainable development goals by 2030. The interviews feature seven goodwill ambassadors:
- Mr. Masaki Inaba (Program Director on Global Health, Africa Japan Forum);
- Prof. Kenji Shimazaki (Professor, the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies);
- Prof. Keizo Takemi (WHO UHC Goodwill Ambassador);
- Prof. Yasushi Katsuma (Professor, Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Waseda University);
- Dr. Yoshitake Yokokura(President, Japan Medical Association);
- Ms. Sumie Ishii (Chairperson, Japanese Organization for International Cooperation in Family Planning); and
- MIYAVI (UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, artist).