South Korea holds 2019 Busan Global Partnership Forum
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of South Korea held the 2019 Busan Global Partnership Forum from December 4 -5, 2019 in Seoul, Korea. The Forum brought together a number of stakeholders on development and development cooperation from both global north and south, civil society organizations and parliaments. With the theme of 'revitalizing the global partnership for the attainment of the sustainable development goals (SDGs)', the forum covered a number of issues including:
- Reflecting on the relevance of development effectiveness for the attainment of the SDGs;
- Outcomes of the latest 2018 global partnership monitoring results;
- South-south and triangular cooperation;
- SDGs and the private sector engagement; and
- Outreach for the development effectiveness agenda.
Representatives from China, India, and BRICS Policy Center joined the Forum to share their perspectives on the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (GPEDC) and the development effectiveness agenda.