The European Commission adopted a budget of €1.5 billion (US$1.7 billion) for global humanitarian assistance in 2022, an increase from the €1.4 billion (US$1.6 billion) budget in 2021.
The 2022 humanitarian funding will be allocated by region as follows:
- Sub-Saharan Africa: €469 million (US$530 million)
- Middle East and North Africa: €351 million (US$397 million)
- Southeast Europe and the European Neighborhood: €152 million (US$172 million)
- Asia and Latin America: €188 million (US$212 million)
- Unanticipated crises and other operations: €370 million (US$418 million).
10% of funding across all regions will be allocated to ensure that children and youth can continue education during emergencies.