On June 10, 2022, at the Summit of the Americas, Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced over CA$145 million (US$111 million) in assistance across the Latin American and Caribbean regions.
The funding is divided among the following priority areas:
- CA$68 million (US$52 million) to promote gender equality;
- CA$27 million (US$21 million) to address irregular migration and forced displacement;
- CA$32 million (US$25 million) to support health and pandemic responses;
- CA$17 million (US$13 million) for projects supporting democratic governance; and
- CA$2 million (US$1 million) to advance digital access and combat disinformation.